Recover Your BCH Using CoolWallet S Seed Through A 3rd Party Wallet
Dear CoolWallet user,
By using the following guide, or any third-party application or advice, you are proceeding at your own risk and may possibly expose your private seed and crypto funds to an external audience over which CoolBitX has no control.
This may give malicious parties access to your wallet and result in the permanent loss of your crypto assets.
Currently, we only recommend the official CoolBitX app (iOS/ Android) and website (coolwallet.io) as resources for the CoolWallet S.
We do not officially support any third-party applications due to the inherent risk of fraud and strongly urge our customers against using them.
CoolBitX and are not responsible for any losses which may arise from using any non-approved 3rd party platform.
Recover your BCH using CoolWallet S Seed through the Electron Cash Wallet?
1. Use the Mnemonic Code Converter to list out the private key of all your BCH addresses.
- Go to https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
- Enter your BIP39 Mnemonic Phrase, select Coin as BCH – Bitcoin Cash
- Use CashAddr addresses for Bitcoin Cash (ie starting with 'q' instead of '1')
- Select Derivation Path as BIP44
- You will see a list of your BCH addresses along with each of the private keys corresponding to the addresses.
2. Download and install Electron Cash Wallet: https://electroncash.org/
3. Open Electron Cash Wallet, create a new wallet.
4. Select Import Bitcoin Cash addresses or private keys.
5. Paste the private key obtained from Mnemonic Code Converter.
6. Go go the view tab and select show Addresses and you will be able to recover the BCH in that specific address.