How Can I Retest The Backed Up Seed Using BTC Address?
Due to security concerns, CoolBitX does not keep any record of our clients' seed. Thus, we will not be able to retest your seed. So, if you did not back up the seed properly or if you lost the seed, we will not be able to recover wallet data for you.
However, you can still use the following method to retest the seed (using BTC address as an example):
1. Please go to the Mnemonic Code Converter site: https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
2. Enter your seed in the BIP39 Mnemonic field
3. Select BTC-Bitcoin in the Coin field
4. Select BIP141 as your Derivation Path and enter m/44'/0'/0'/0 in the BIP32 Derivation Path field
5. Compare the 1st address populated (m /44' /0' /0' /0 /0) with the 1st BTC address in CoolWallet S
*If you are able to derive the same BTC address, it means your seed is correctly backed up. However, if you are getting a different address, you might want to check your seed again.