How Can I Retest The Backed Up Seed Using LTC Address
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Due to security concerns, CoolBitX does not keep any record of our clients' seed. Thus, we will not be able to retest your seed. So, if you did not back up the seed properly or if you lost the seed, we will not be able to recover wallet data for you.
However, you can still use the following method to retest the seed (using LTC address as an example):
1. Please go to the Mnemonic Code Converter site: https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
2. Disconnect from the Internet
3. Enter your seed in the BIP39 Mnemonic field
*If you use a number seed, please convert it to a word seed using the following mapping table:
4. Select LTC-Litecoin in the Coin field
5. Select Derivation Path as BIP141 and enter m/44'/2'/0'/0 into the BIP32 Derivation Path
6. Compare the 1st address populated (m /44' /2' /0' /0 /0) with the 1st LTC address in CoolWallet
*If you can derive the same LTC address, it means your seed is correctly backed up. However, if you are getting a different address, you might want to check your backed-up seed again.