Recover TRC-20 USDT From Your ERC-20 USDT Address
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Dear CoolWallet user,
- This may give malicious parties access to your wallet and result in the permanent loss of your crypto assets.
- Currently, we only recommend the official CoolBitX app (iOS/ Android) and website (coolwallet.io) as resources for the CoolWallet.
- We do not officially support any third-party applications due to the inherent risk of fraud and strongly urge our customers against using them.
- CoolBitX and are not responsible for any losses which may arise from using any non-approved 3rd party platform.
By following the steps below, please consider that your backup seed has been exposed. Please move out all your asset in CoolWallet before doing so to an interim 3rd party wallet and after you have successfully retrieved your TRC-20 USDT on Trust Wallet, create a new wallet with CoolWallet (with new backup seed) and move back all coins/tokens for best security measures.
1. Please go to the Mnemonic Code Converter site: https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
2. Disconnect from the Internet
3. Enter your seed in the BIP-39 Mnemonic field *If you use a number seed, please convert it to a word seed using the following mapping table: https://www.coolwallet.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Number-seed-conversion-v1.pdf
4. Select ETH-Ethereum in the Coin field
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate the same ERC-20 address that you have sent your TRC-20 USDT to
6. Copy the private key that is associated with the matching ERC-20 address
7. Download and install the Trust Wallet on your phone: https://trustwallet.com/
8. Open the Trust Wallet and select "I already have a wallet"
9. Select Tron, press Private Key and enter the private key obtained from step 6. Then press import
10. Congratulations, you have recovered your TRC-20 USDT