Recover TOMO sent to ERC-20 address
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Dear CoolWallet user,
- This may give malicious parties access to your wallet and result in the permanent loss of your crypto assets.
- Currently, we only recommend the official CoolBitX app (iOS/ Android) and website (coolwallet.io) as resources for the CoolWallet.
- We do not officially support any third-party applications due to the inherent risk of fraud and strongly urge our customers against using them.
- CoolBitX and are not responsible for any losses which may arise from using any non-approved 3rd party platform.
By following the steps below, please consider that your backup seed has been exposed. Please move out all your asset in CoolWallet before doing so to an interim 3rd party wallet and after you have successfully retrieved your tokens on a third-party Wallet, create a new wallet with CoolWallet (with new backup seed) and move back all coins/tokens for best security measures.
A complete step-by-step guide is provided below:
1. Visit https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ using your Personal Computer
2. Disconnect the Internet on your computer
3. Enter your seed in the BIP-39 Mnemonic field *If you use a number seed, please convert it to a word seed using the following mapping table: https://www.coolwallet.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Number-seed-conversion-v1.pdf, and Select ETH at coin column (refer to the following picture)
4. make sure the Derivation Path is BIP-44 (default)
5. Check if your CoolWallet ERC-20 address matches, move your mouse to the PRIVATE KEY area (you may need to click if QR Code does not pop up), a QR CODE will pop up.
6. Download Trust Wallet on your Smart Phone
7. Tap "I already have a wallet"
8. Scroll down and Select "TOMO Chain"
9. select PRIVATE KEY, and the top right scan button, scan the QR code and Private key page generated.
10. Well done! You'll see your assets in Trust Wallet.