Recover wrongly sent ETH to CoolWallet Pro's ETC address
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Dear CoolWallet user,
- This may give malicious parties access to your wallet and result in the permanent loss of your crypto assets.
- Currently, we only recommend the official CoolWallet app (iOS/ Android) and website (coolwallet.io) as resources for the CoolWallet.
- We do not officially support any third-party applications due to the inherent risk of fraud and strongly urge our customers against using them.
- CoolBitX and are not responsible for any losses which may arise from using any non-approved 3rd party platform.
By following the steps below, please consider that your backup seed has been exposed. Please move out all your asset in CoolWallet before doing so to an interim 3rd party wallet and after you have successfully retrieved your tokens on a third-party Wallet, create a new wallet with CoolWallet (with new backup seed) and move back all coins/tokens for best security measures.
Please refer to the following steps to understand how to retrieve ETH assets using Trust Wallet:
1. Visit the "Private Key derivation Website" on your personal computer https://iancoleman.io/bip39/
5. Check if the address below is the same as your CoolWallet's ETC Address
6. Move your mouse to the corresponding "Private Key" table and a QR code will pop up.
7. Download "Trust Wallet" APP on your smart phone.
8. Open Trust Wallet, and tap "I already have wallet"
9. Select "Ethereum", "Private Key", and Scan the QR code at your computer, press "Import"
10. Well done. You'll be able to retrieve your assets.